18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Compact Brushless Cordless 1/2" Driver‑Drill Kit (2.0Ah)
- : BL™ Brushless motor delivers 530 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- : Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-500 & 0-2,000 RPM) for a wide range of applications
- : Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/4"
- : Weighs only 3.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- : (2) 18V Lithium-Ion Compact batteries, rapid charger and bag
About the model:
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless ½” Driver-Drill (XFD12R) is an ideal drilling and driving solution for the user who wants a drill with superior power-to-weight ratio. The XFD12R combines 530 in.lbs. of Max Torque with an efficient brushless motor that delivers up 50% more work per charge, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the pro user, this means more drilling and driving power, greater productivity, and fewer trips up and down the scaffolding or ladder to get to the battery charger. In driver mode, the adjustable torque settings provide more control for a full range of applications, from large fasteners to smaller, delicate screws. It weighs only 3.4 lbs. (with 2.0Ah battery) for increased comfort and superior power-to-weight ratio. The kit includes two efficient 18V LXT® Compact 2.0Ah batteries, and each reach a full charge in only 25 minutes – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-500 & 0-2,000 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers 530 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/4"
- Weighs only 3.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- All metal 1/2" ratcheting chuck for improved bit gripping strength and durability
- All metal gears and gear housing for maximum job site durability
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B provides up to 50% more run time per charge* *compared to BL1815
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B reaches a full charge in 25 minutes or less
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B is compatible with 18V LXT® Tools
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V LXT® Compact Brushless 1/2" Driver-Drill (XFD12Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Compact 2.0Ah Battery (BL1820B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- Capacity (steel) : 1/2"
- Capacity (wood) : 1-1/2"
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 500 / 0 - 2,000 RPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) : 530 in.lbs./60N•m
- Battery : 18V LXT® Compact Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 6-3/4"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 3.4 lbs.
- Handle : Pistol
- Power Type : Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT) : Compact
- Motor Type : Brushless
- Shipping Weight : 9.13 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-826457
If an effort to ship out your order as fast as possible with most efficiency, we use various shipping companies to deliver your order. The majority of shipments go out through either UPS, FedEx, or the US Postal Service. Understand that the internal organization of those shipping carriers may affect what truck ultimately shows up at your house.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.